Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 4 - Stumbling but recoverable.

Yesterday ended on a "meh" note.

I stopped at Costco after work to load up on some more fruits and veggies and I was starving! I had to walk through the bakery department to get to the produce and thank you God they didn't have any chocolate cake on display or I might have gone home with one.

Instead I picked up a flat of beefsteak tomatoes, a package on mini European cucumbers, 5 lbs of strawberries, 2 personal sized watermelon and a bag of clementines. I also bought a rotisserie chicken, roasted turkey lunch meat and a big bag of raw almonds (more on that later).

It was a fierce battle in my head as I walked to the front of the warehouse. The devil on my shoulder telling me to go ahead and have a giant slice of pizza. The angel reasoning that I was almost at the end of day 3 and hadn't had any caffeine, sugar, flour or fat. I'd also made the mistake of slurping down my 64 ounces of juice before 1 pm and by 4 pm I was STARVING.

But I did it! I was able to resist the dastardly allure of melty-cheesy-goodness poison. I may have ripped open that package of turkey and wolfed down a slice before I made it out of the parking lot...

OK back to the part where I bought the meat and almonds. No, it is not on my "plan" but I also didn't properly for this endeavor and went from eating everything in sight, including blue-cheese fries the night before I began, to a raw, protein-free diet in a matter of about 10 hours.

I'm giving myself this week to juice all my meals, but supplement with pure protein in the form of chicken, turkey and almonds for the really tough moments. My goal will be to be all-juice by next week.

Now onto today. I feel great. I had a 6 am Bible study meeting so I had to get up at 4:45am in order to get in my usual getting ready routine as well as juice. I didn't even hit snooze. I was up and showering with in a minute of my alarm going off. I've had a bit of a mid-morning lull where my head feels a bit foggy but it probably means I just need to have some more juice. I'm really trying to parse it out to last me all day. And in between 16oz cups of juice I'm drinking the same cups full of water, at least one if not two. I'm spending a lot of time in the bathroom, but its all good because it means I'm getting cleaned out. Right?

P.S. See the link to my new Tumblr account on the right to get my juice recipes.

P.P.S I slipped and had the last remaining Eggo waffle last night. I should have thrown them out before this all began. But I beat myself up enough about it last night. Today is a new day and I'm going to move on.

No comments: