Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 7 - 9lbs down!

Yes you read that right. I've lost 9 pounds since I started my juice fast last Saturday. I probably could have lost even more if not for a few hiccups along the way.

I didn't get to my current weight by eating healthy so it should come as no surprise that I leaned off the wagon a couple of times this first week. I'd like to think that even though I was eating food instead of drinking the juice, I made OK choices. Wednesday night I broke down and had Chipotle but stayed away from the carbs, and last night I had In-N-Out, again staying away from the carbs. I'm not proud of my choices this week. I kind of got into the mindset that I could ease up the restrictions a little until Saturday (tomorrow) since I would be going all juice then.

I have to remind myself over and over that I am the boss. Not my cravings, not the commercials telling me to order a pizza, not my friends who are all going out to eat, ME. I'm kind of a crappy boss.

Whatever.

I've got to not beat myself up, savor the tiny triumphs and just keep moving forward. Let me tell you it was hard this morning. I got yelled at by my Dad/Boss at work and it was all I could do to keep from pulling into the McDonalds drive-thru for some greasy self-medication. I was able to resist, thank you Jesus!

As a reminder my Tiny Triumphs of the Week:
  • -9lbs
  • No sugar or gluten for 7 days
  • Was able to resist temptation even under stress

No comments: